Via Crush the street
Via @ericlombrozo Core Contributor
- “There seems to be a considerable amount of confusion among Bitcoin users regarding the nature of the process underlying changes to the Bitcoin protocol. In an earlier post I described the process for making code changes to the Bitcoin Core software repository. In this post I’ll go over the far more intricate process underlying changes to the consensus rules that ensure everyone ends up on the same blockchain and sees the same ledger and transaction history”
Via the Dollar Vigilante
Jeff interviews crypto-expert, Trace Mayer, in a TDV subscriber first release interview, topics include: BTC segwit adoption, user activated BIP148 softfork to force segwit, BIP 148 coming ready or not, bitcoin scalability, the risks of forking the blockchain, community power, the true value of miners, securing your bitcoin through the upcoming fork, big BTC losses through poor security technique, don’t mix politics with investment, high transaction fees could be about to change, an examination of certain ‘altcoins’, and a hot tip on an altcoin with huge upside potential yet to take off.
Via Mad Bitcoins
Great look at all the possible scenarios that could arise due to the User activated Soft Fork (UASF BIP 148) proposal.
Via Nadav Ivgi founder at @bitrated
Great article, also follow @beautyon_ who has done excellent commentary on this topic.
- “Political compromises have no place in bitcoin protocol development. I have my full faith in the consensus-driven scientific process that’s based on open communications, technical merit and peer review. A top-down imposed agreement based on closed-doors lobbying that overrides the technical community consensus process and the established FOSS practices would severely undermine the value proposition of bitcoin and its long-term viability”
- Allowing political compromises to shape bitcoin protocol development sets a dangerous precedent, constitutes a moral hazard and erodes the established FOSS practices and consensus-driven decision making.
Via Crush the Street
I Join World Crypto Network news show #38 to talk all things Bitcoin.
Video talking points timestamped below along with my talk times:
0:10 – Introductions
2:05 – AsicBoost Controversy, is it happening? If so how can it be stopped? (RI @ 4:48)
24:10 – Litecoin has recently seen 2 year highs on the news that segwit may get activated. Do we think it will get activated and what effect will this have on bitcoin? (RI @ 31:15)
36:05 – Bitcoin $500,000 – Snapchat’s First Investor Jeremy Liew said in an interview with Business Insider that Bitcoin price can realistically reach $500,000 by 2030. Is this price possible and how will we eventually get to this price if it is indeed possible? (RI @ 40:57)
55:45 – First time Bitcoin investment tips from Renegade Investor
59:00 – Riccardo Spagni @fluffyponyza Answering questions on Monero
Via madbitcoins.com with @jimmyspong & @tone
My appearance on the Adam Meister (AKA The Bitcoin Meister) YouTube channel. Thanks to Adam for inviting me on below is a list of all the talking points and time stamps.
- Are we in status quo with regards to Scaling & Segregated Witness adoption 1:00
- Should there be compromise between Bitcoin Core & Bitcoin Unlimited? 7:40
- Will a Hard fork be devastating for Bitcoin? 17:40
- Bitcoin Store of Value or Medium of Exchange? 28:45
- To what extent could the Chinse state or other states be influencing Bitcoin behind the scenes 38:47
- Do Alt-coins already solve the need to buy a ‘coffee’ transaction issue 47:30
- Final thoughts 50:30